BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!
Picosecond pulse power with the high energy of nanosecond pulses
FracTAT™ Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal
An Effective and Save Solution for Multicolor Tattoos
Whether you have dark or light skin tones, need to lighten a tattoo for a cover-up, or want your ink completely removed, we will provide you with a safe and most effective laser tattoo removal treatment at affordable prices.
Our Laser tattoo removal technology is an effective way to remove any unwanted ink — even from your eyebrows.
Whether you have microblading, permanent makeup, or colorful body art, you came to right place!
Less treatments needed, faster results, less risk of scarring, ALL in one technology
Our innovative Fotona Starwalker FracTat™ treatment creates micro-size channels in the skin over the tattoo area prior to the main laser procedure. This pre-treatment “priming” pass enables steam, gasses and ink particles to more easily escape through the skin during the subsequent full-beam Q-switched pass, thus avoiding the ‘frosting’ effect that can cause scaring. This also allows for a very short waiting time between multiple passes, which can reduce the typical number of treatment sessions by up to a half.
Does Tattoo removal leave scars?
Our unique FracTat Laser technology stimulates new collagen and elasticity throughout the area treated. This reduces significantly the risk of scarring from the tattoo removal process. It will also improve the appearance of scars already formed by the trauma of the tattoo itself. This is the top reason why most patients now prefer this method of removal!
First, we create controlled microchannels throughout the tattooed areas to increase gas and debris escape, induce a faster healing process and allow for multiple passes to be performed during the same treatment, thus decreasing the total number of treatments needed. As a second step, the laser then affects the tattoo with very short and strong laser pulses that penetrate deep into the skin, without injuring the top layers. These pulses are then absorbed by the pigments in the ink and as the laser light is transformed into photoacoustic waves, it mechanically breaks up the ink into smaller particles. These are then naturally absorbed by the body’s own immune system. The number of treatments depends on the size of the tattoo as well as its location, depth and color. Amateur tattoos are the easiest to remove whereas professional ones may require more treatment sessions. The tattoo will fade slowly between treatments as the body removes the remainders of the tattoo pigment.
Our FracTat advanced laser tattoo removal technology has many advantages:
- FracTat technology stimulates new collagen and elasticity throughout the area treated. This reduces the risk of scarring from the tattoo removal process. It will also improve the appearance of scars already formed by the trauma of the tattoo itself. This is the top reason why most patients now prefer this method of removal!
- With each session, we are able to perform multiple passes (2-4 passes), instead of only one which is the norm for any other technology. This, ofcurse, makes for a much more effective treatment.
- Since multiple passes are performed during each session, less treatment will be required to achieve desired results, saving you money, discomfort and healing and recovery time.
We have good news! Yes, lasers can remove tattoos completely. In fact, Keep in mind, you will need to receive several sessions before the tattoo is removed completely. The amount of treatments needed varies from patient to patient.
The number of treatments required for optimal results depends on multiple factors:
- The size of the tattoo
- The location, some areas receive better circulation, hence your lymphatic system is able to reabsorb the broken ink particles easier and faster. Upper body responds better than lower body.
- Depth and quality of the tattoo. Amateurs work is easy to remove. The better the artist, the higher the amount of treatments you’ll need to achieve the desire results.
- Color of the tattoo, some colors do not fade as well as others. Green is the hardest color to remove followed by light blue. Neon colors are also more challenging to remove, and typically require more treatments. As a general rule, the greater the contrast between the color of the tattoo pigment and your skin, the better the result.
Treatment should be performed 6– 12 weeks apart (depending on the location of the tattoo) in order to allow the body to remove the maximum amount of tattoo pigment after each treatment.
For Permanent Makeup, like any other tattoo removal treatment, It may take 2+ sessions spaced out at least 4-6 weeks apart to achieve desired results.
Each session usually takes 10 – 30 minutes. You may continue to see lightening of your tattoo after each treatment as your body disposes of more pigment. Most patients will see improvement in their tattoos and results can be quite dramatic!
Follow these guidelines unless your laser technician directs otherwise. While our staff of technicians are fully equipped to handle any concerns, we ask that you follow proper laser tattoo removal preparation procedures to ensure the best treatment possible:
- Wear sunscreen and/or avoid the sun
- Avoid pretreatment shaving, waxing, or exfoliating
- Avoid tanning and spray tans several weeks prior to your procedure
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing treatment to promote better healing
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding
- Regardless of the type of treatment to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery
Following the consultation, if we determine you are a good candidate, we will proceed with treatment. Your laser technician will begin by asking a few pertinent questions about your recent health history to ensure there are no contraindications for treatment. The technician will discuss your treatment desires and at that time you can specifically let us know what tattoos you would like to treat. The treatment area will be cleansed and prepared for treatment. Your technician will talk you through the treatment to ensure you won’t experience any surprises.
While receiving laser tattoo removal, you will be required to wear protective eyewear. You may still be able to see a flash of light, but your eyes will be completely covered. The laser technicians wear protective eyewear, as well. During the treatment, all areas of the body that will not be lasered will be covered with clothing. Only the areas to receive laser treatment will be exposed. We are always mindful of your comfort and your peace of mind; we will let you know ahead of time what to expect.
Laser Tattoo Removal can be performed in as little as 15 minutes, depending on the size of your tattoo and type of ink that was used. Most patients compare the treatment discomfort as comparable to when they got the tattoo. Following treatment you may feel a little discomfort, but generally people experience redness, mild swelling and/or tenderness in treatment area that will resolve in a quick manner. The post treatment area response will vary from patient to patient depending on the extent of treatment.
Our tattoo removal process is the safest, most effective, noninvasive method for getting rid of unwanted ink. However, great results can only be achieved through proper aftercare. Our laser promises to do its job by breaking up the ink in your skin, but it is the patient’s responsibility to make sure his/her skin receives the care it needs to heal outside of our clinic. Proper aftercare prevents infection and serious unwanted side effects from occurring. Below are general guidelines on how to care for your skin after a laser session. All patients will receive a detailed aftercare instruction sheet to take home after their treatment.
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT:
- Keep tattooed area out of the sun for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment. SPF 30 or greater (UVA/UVB) should be used for any sun exposure prior to your treatments. Sunblock is preferred to sunscreen. KEEP IT COVERED if in the sun.
- We cannot treat suntanned or self-tanner/spray-tanned skin to avoid possible side effects or increased complications. You must wait until tan coloring fades.
- Shave area the day prior to or on the day of the treatment (if applicable).
- To minimize any discomfort, we recommend that you take Tylenol Extra Strength (you may take 2 tablets) a couple of hours prior to the procedure.
- Pain medications such as Motrin, Aspirin and Aleve thin blood and promote bruising and, therefore, should be avoided 3 to 7 days before treatment.
- No Accutane, AHA’s or other topical acid products on the skin, or any other medication that could be photosensitizing.
- Do not consume caffeine or any other stimulating substances the day of treatment.
- This treatment cannot be performed if you are currently pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not have your laser tattoo removal treatment done under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This can cause thinning of the blood, which can lead to increased bleeding and other more serious problems.
- Notify us of any medical changes or changes in medications.
POST TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and then pat the area dry.
- Apply a thin coating of Over the counter Antibiotic Ointment 2-3 times a day for 72 hours post Laser You should keep the area covered with a clean dressing for those 3 days.
- Blistering is common and is likely to occur within 8 hours after your treatment. Do not be alarmed as blisters heal very well and are part of the normal healing process. Blisters indicate your body’s immune system is healing the area and beginning to remove the ink from your tattoo. It is natural for blisters to pop (do not try to pop them yourself), please continue to cover with a sterile bandage until blisters have healed. Continue to put antibiotic ointment over the blisters once they have popped for at least 24 hours. Call the office immediately if blistering persists,if you have any concerns or if you need additional instructions to care for your blisters.
- You may apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser treatment to help reduce discomfort and inflammation. You may take plain Tylenol Extra Strength (as per instructions), but avoid aspirin (it can increase the risk of bruising and/or bleeding.)
- Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become scraped, as this may result in infection and scarring. Shaving should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed.
- Feel free to shower 2 hours after the treatment, but take care to avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pool, or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed as they may increase the risk of infection.
- Exercise is generally safe after treatment taking into account the other aftercare instructions provided herein.
- Wear a sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher over the area for 1 month following the treatment.
- Do not wear makeup or any cream or medication on or near the treated area for 1 week (7 days), unless recommended by our office.
- After the initial 72 hours itching is very common due to the dehydrating effect of the laser treatment. Use Aquaphor, Vitamin E ointment, or hydrocortisone 1% cream to the treatment area, 2-3 times a day for 1-2 weeks.
- If the area looks infected (honey colored crusting and oozing or spreading redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact the office immediately.
- Of course, if you have any extreme reaction, call 911 and to the emergency department.