LASER INTIMATE SKIN LIGHTENING TAMPA
Laser Skin Lightening is a Cosmetic Laser Procedure that aims to reverse skin darkening and scarring around Intimate areas namely the Vaginal Labia, Bikini Area, Inner Thighs, Perianal Area. It also encompasses areas involving a fold like Underarms, Back of Neck, Elbows and Knees.
We are the only provider in Tampa Bay that specializes in Laser Intimate Skin Lightening!
Our Lasers treat both dark and light skin safely and effectively, providing you with unsurpassed results by a team of Fotona Certified providers, Board Licensed, with years of experience in the field!
Using our Fotona SP Dynamis and StarWalker Lasers, an advanced non-invasive ablative technology, we gently remove micro thin layers of pigmented surface tissue, revealing lighter skin and stimulating fresh, less pigmented cell development.
Common areas are:
- Anal (perianal)
- Inner Thighs
- Bikini Line
- Posterior neck
- Under Breasts
- Very tight underwear: the continuous friction from very tight underwear darkens the skin. That’s why it’s recommendable to wear comfortable clothing (seamless underwear is a very popular option) and natural fibers such as cotton.
- Menstruation: the blood can touch the skin of the vulva and as it is rich in iron, with each menstruation, skin might darken slightly.
- Age: as we get older our skin suffers from different aggressions, medical conditions and hormonal changes that might darken the skin in this areas.
- The use of certain products can darken the skin too. Furthermore, the intake or use of certain drugs (including some birth control pills) can stimulate pigmentation.
- Hormonal changes: women suffer many abrupt hormonal changes in some stages of their life such as puberty, pregnancy or menopause. These changes can affect melanin and the color of our skin.
- Weight: Obesity and Metabolic issues like insulin resistance can be an important cause of darkening and friction.
- Genetic inheritance: the color of our intimate areas is also related to our genes.
- Changes in hygiene products: some soaps or deodorants, including intimate products, can also be the cause of intimate darkening.
- Certain diseases such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), gastric cancer, Thyroid Issues, Acanthosis Nigracans, Obesity, Hormonal issues, Metabolic changes, infections or other disorders can also cause skin darkening.
- Shaving with a razor causes irritation of the dermis, activating the melanin cells and causing skin darkening.
- Avoiding coffee, dark sodas, and artificial colors in food can help with the discoloration of the peri-anal area, for example.
- Discontinued use of deodorants that contain alcohol also helps with pigmentation in the underarm area.
- Avoid the use of G-strings. The use of G-strings, not only makes the rectal opening more visible, hence the need for some women to bleach the peri-anal area, It also causes the peri-anal (and vaginal) area to become darker with the rubbing of the material (usually nylon) against the skin, causing laceration or burning of the skin. So, women who are frequent users of G-strings tend to have darker peri-anal and vaginal areas.
- Avoid shaving and waxing the pubic area as it causes more pigmentation due to irritation, ingrown hairs, heat, inflammation and friction. In general, anything that produces heat, inflammation, laceration, and friction may cause hyperpigmentation, also known as Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). Adding Laser Hair Removal to your sessions, if needed, will prevent this and help you prolong the benefits of your Lightening sessions.
- Weight Loss: Obesity is highly linked to darkening of your intimate areas and folds. This is due to all the Metabolic changes associated with it and the added friction that being overweight can bring in to certain areas.
- Allergic reactions, skin lacerations, bruising, chemical burns (if a chemical is used), hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation and scarring.
- This treatment is not to be performed if you are Pregnant or Breastfeeding.
- This treatment is not to be performed if you have a history of Genital Herpes or Genital Warts as it could exacerbate the condition and provoke a breakout.
- After your procedure is done: If you are like most patients seeking this service, you probably seek this treatment to look good for your sexual partner. Sex comes after intimate skin bleaching. Laser Intimate Lightening will NOT cause any STD’s. But patients receiving treatments on their Vaginal Area will be significantly more susceptible to acquire any sexual transmitted diseases throughout the entire length of their Laser treatment. So, please be careful of who your partner is.
Before your Treatment:
Post-treatment care instructions:
- Schedule your Laser Treatment at a time when healing time will not disrupt your social obligations. Each time you are treated, downtime and outcomes may vary.
- Starting 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment, increase water intake to 6-8 glasses per day. Staying hydrated increases the quality of skin healing process.
- Avoid sun exposure for 3-4 weeks prior to treatment. RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning, you may develop hyper-pigmentation (dark spots) or hypo-pigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months or, in some cases, even longer.
- The use of self-tanning skin care products must be discontinued 7-10 days before treatment. Any residual self-tanner must be removed prior to treatment.
- Discuss any Medical conditions, specially if it affects your healing process or your immune system response, with your provider.
- Your provider may ask you to stop any topical medications or skin care products 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- Over the Counter Medications: Avoid aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen and sun sensitizing medications for one week prior to your treatment. Inform your provider if you are taking blood thinners or regularly take aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- Prescription Medications: Review prescription medications with your provider for potential sun or Laser sensitizing effects. If you are currently taking/using or have recently discontinue taking/using any photosensitizing medication, we might need to post-pone your treatment.
- Accutane: Inform your provider if you have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past 6 months. Laser treatments are contraindicated within 6 months after the last dose of Accutane unless otherwise advised by your prescribing physician.
- Supplements: Avoid fish oil, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other supplements one week before treatment.
- Alcohol: Avoid alcohol for two days prior to treatment.
- Arrive with the treatment area clean and free of any lotions. Certain chemicals may interact with the laser light and increase the risk of possible side effects.
- If you have had a history of Herpes Virus, your provider may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy when treating that area. Follow the directions for your particular medication.
- Keep in mind, Laser Intimate Lightening will NOT cause any STD’s. But patients receiving treatments on their Vaginal Area will be significantly more susceptible to acquire any sexual transmitted diseases throughout the entire length of their Laser treatment. So, please be careful of who your partner is.
- If you are tanned or have a darker skin type, a lightening Prep. regimen may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment, should your provider deem it appropriate.
- If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding or you become pregnant during your course of treatment you will need to postpone your treatments.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing when coming in for your sessions.
- Please shave the treatment area prior to your appointment. Laser Hair Removal might be recommended, if needed.
- The treatment area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete. Care should be taken to prevent additional trauma to the treated area for the first 7-10 days following treatment.
- Avoid friction or trauma to the area treated. For patients treating their Vaginal or Perianal area, no sexual intercourse for a minimum of 72 hours. Refrain from Scrubs, exfoliators or beads/sponges, chemicals and medicated cleansers and lotions for 7-10 days.
- You may experience burning or stinging sensation throughout the area(s) treated for up to 72 hours after treatment. A fan, ice pack, or cold compresses may help ease any minor discomfort after treatment.
- Edema, redness and/or inflammation WILL occur and may peak within 24-72 hours. This is a normal inflammatory response.
- Avoid the sun for 3-4 weeks after treatment or until your provider allows it to avoid discoloration. Use Sunblock (> 30 SPF) on a regular basis (re-apply every 2 hours if needed) to protect your skin.
- Post treatment moist wound healing with soaks and topical ointment is recommended for at least 5-7 days and up to 7-10 days in some circumstances (depending on the treated area). Topical Post care is extremely important for your healing process. Follow this instructions rigorously, even if you think you don’t need it:
Avoid Friction and/or trauma to the areas treated. For Intimate Areas this includes avoiding sexual intercourse for at least 72 hours. Wear comfortable clothing/underwear. You may shower normally. Use simple gentle soaps / cleansers without exfoliators or beads. Do not scrub. Apply over the counter 1% Hydrocortisone cream combined with Healing Ointment (like Aquaphor or plain Vaseline) 2-3 times daily for 7-10 days. Your provider may recommend certain products according to your specific needs.
- Skintellect’s Lightening Pads: When required, your provider will advise you to use our Patented Medicated Lightening Pads to use as part of your post-treatment protocol. Pads are not to be used for 7-10 days after treatment. After 7-10 days, you may start the use of your pads once or twice a day, depending on your provider’s instructions. Do not discontinue using the pads until your next office visit, unless otherwise advised by one of our providers. This are medicated pads and are not to be shared with anyone specially no one that’s pregnant or currently breastfeeding.
- Your provider may indicate the need to use other Topical products as part of your post-treatment protocol. This will vary according to your specific needs and treatment provided. Instructions for the use of such medicated topicals will be provided during your visit. Our office staff is always available to answer any questions.
- Following treatment, excessive perspiration may cause tissue disruption. Physical exercise (aerobics, yard work, sports activities) should be discontinued for 72 hours minimum to reduce the risk of friction/irritation, scarring, discoloration, inflammation/redness, infection and/or discomfort.
- Avoid scratching or peeling any scabs or dry skin to minimize any scarring and preventing discoloration.
- Healing should take from 5 to 14 days. Healing time and expected downtime will be discuss with you prior to each laser session, but please keep in mind that healing time will vary from patient to patient, be patient, give yourself time to recover.
- You may experience itching after treatment. This is a normal part of the healing process and it will subside. 1% Hydrocortisone cream used as directed by your provider will help prevent discomfort. If Itching, irritation or discomfort persists you may always contact our office and we will provide you with additional care instructions.
- Your skin may become dark, dry and peel. This is a normal part of the healing process. Avoid scratching or peeling any scabs or dry skin to minimize any scarring and preventing discoloration.
- The absence of dryness or peeling does not indicate that your treatment was not effective. Every patient responds differently. Furthermore, each time you are treated downtime and outcomes may vary. Your response may be different throughout your sessions.
- Multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired results. Results and amount of treatments needed vary from one individual to another. Certain medical conditions including PCOS, Hormonal imbalance, Metabolic Issues, Hormones (like Birth Control Pills), Weight, genetics, method of hair removal, among others, will play a very important role in the amount of sessions you’ll need and the outcome of your treatments. After each session, always remember to book your follow-up appointment.
- If any problems should occur after your treatment inform our office staff immediately after a reaction has occurred or within 24 hours of any side effects. If immediate care is needed, one of our Medical providers will evaluate you and necessary treatment will be provided. If you do not contact the office within 24 hours you will be held liable for any permanent changes that may occur. All treatments will be paused until all issues have been resolved. You will be reassessed before further treatments are provided.
Issues with Ingrown Hairs?
We house the most advanced dual technology that combines Laser Hair Removal and Intimate Skin Lightening, for a full smooth experience!
Our Bayzilian and Axilian Packages combine our Fotona Laser technology Fotona Dynamis Pro and Fotona Starwalker for Skin Lightening with our Candela GentleMax Technology for Laser Hair Removal, providing you with a long term solution for unwanted hair growth, ingrown hairs, scarring, discoloration and hyper pigmentation throughout your intimate area.
Packages are available for all areas and are customizable for your specific needs.