LASER HAIR REMOVAL
For an easy and permanent solution to unwanted growth and unsightly ingrowns, Skintellect employs only the best in laser hair removal technology using state of the art Candela Laser Systems. Our lasers treat both light and dark skin, and are equipped with Cryogen fitted cooling systems for a comfortable treatment process.
This is a live changing, liberating treatment!
The Alexandrite lasers are effective in targeting both coarse and finer hair. The YAG specializes in treating all skin types particularly those of tanned, dark or African American tone. It also offers unmatched treatment capabilities in unsightly leg veins, wrinkles and skin tightening procedures.
The system features patented Cryogen cooling system that delivers fine mists between pulses to minimize pain, protect skin, and enable laser energy to gently reach and effectively treat hair follicles. Delivering maximum results with minimal discomfort.
- Do not wax, epilate, or remove hair with the root using any other hair removal method for at least 4 weeks prior to the first session and throughout the course of treatments. Hair needs to be in the follicle in order to be targeted by our laser devices which target the pigment in hair.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning, or products such as tinted moisturizers 2 weeks prior to and after treatment. These will all cause treatments to be less effective and make complications after treatments more likely.
- Please shave one day prior to treatment- stubble is fine. Shaving more than one day prior to may result in less effective and more uncomfortable treatments.
- Please do not wear makeup to your session for facial hair removal procedure. All traces of makeup must be removed in order to avoid any type of damage from the lasers.
- Inform us if you are currently on the medication Accutane or have been in the last 6 months. This can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
- Please do not use any retinol products one week prior to your appointment if you are receiving hair removal on your face. This can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
- For clients who are on antibiotics, please allow two weeks from the last day of your medication to come in for an appointment. Many of these medications can make you photosensitive and susceptible to damage from the lasers.
- Generally it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. Your laser specialist will help determine how often you should come in based on progress.
Next, your technician will emit a pulse of light to the treatment area, assessing the settings as well as monitoring for bad reactions. Given the settings are best for your treatment, the technician will proceed with the session and will check in with you as needed.
When the procedure is completed, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions will be provided to ease any discomfort. Again, we recommend scheduling followup treatments four to six weeks later and continuing treatments until hair growth has stopped.
We have divided our treatment areas into ZONES for your convenience. They are arranged from Small to Large as Zone A to F. No worries!! nothing is set in stone, we can always go back and create a new area or a package if needed!