Gravity can take its toll on skin; maybe it’s time for a little lift.
Using state of the art Syneron-Candela laser technology, Laser Skin Tightening treatment promises high performance skin tightening results at minimal discomfort. Providing multiple benefits such as decrease in fine lines, smoother skin texture and decreased pore size.
As the aging process naturally takes place, skin loses its youthful appearance, but this treatment is a great way to delay the effects of aging skin without the use of invasive or surgical facelifts.
This Laser treatment can also be used as part of a combination treatment for Severe Acne Scarring.
Surface and topical products simply cannot induce collagen formation for the true tightening of sagging or drooping skin the way that laser treatments can. While some products may give the appearance of tightening, truly efficient treatment can only occur when a laser reaches the collagen-rich dermal layer and creates subsurface heat.
The Laser Skin Tightening treatment “tightens” by heating the underlying layers in the skin and forming new collagen, resulting in smoother, younger-looking skin. Once collagen in the skin is heated above 60 degrees centigrade, it will contract and tighten the aging collagen strands, which are looser and sparser than “young” collagen. Treatment causes an immediate tightening and improved tone and texture. New collagen growth continues over the course of four to six months post treatment.
The face and neck are the most popular area for this treatment however batwing-like underarm areas and targeted skin conditions like stretch marks are also treatable.
- Your skin should be thoroughly cleaned and dried, removing any makeup, creams, oils, topical anesthetics or self-tanning products before laser treatment.
- If you have had a history of herpes simplex virus and are scheduled for facial treatment, prophylactic antiviral therapy may need to be prescribed.
- The intended treatment area should not be exposed to sunlight or tanning booth light for 14 days prior to treatment.
- Patients who are taking the medication Accutane (Isotretinoin) should not have a Laser Skin Tightening Treatment until at least six months after they stop using the drug.
- Please discontinue using any retinol products (Retin A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac), all alpha hydroxyl acid products (those containing glycolic or lactic acid), salicylic acid products and other topical acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide 1 to 2 weeks prior to your appointment if you are receiving laser hair removal on the areas where those topicals are being applied. This can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
- Please avoid antibiotics and/or any photosensitizing medications during the time of treatment. For patients who are on antibiotics, please allow two weeks from the last day of your medication to come in for an appointment. If taking any hormone stimulating or anti-depression medication, please notify our technician prior to treatment. Many of these medications can make you photosensitive and susceptible to damage from the lasers.
- Pregnant women should postpone treatment until after they give birth.
- If you develop a fever or other illness before your appointment you must reschedule.
- Patients with tanned or naturally dark skin sometimes experience changes in skin pigmentation after treatment. African-Americans and patients of Greek and Italian descent, for example, will need a skin evaluation and discuss possible side effects before opting for this procedure.
With beauty comes a little pain, but good thing for technology!.
The patented epidermal cooling system protects the skin with every laser pulse, cooling the skin throughout the procedure and helping reduce the heat sensation that patients may often experience during application of the laser. Though minor pain or sensitivities are encountered, this method is sure to deliver the results you are looking for without the invasive treatment routes.
Treatments typically take about 30 minutes for each area.
Immediately after treatment a patient’s skin is expected to be red and in some cases tighter than usual for approximately two days. Mild swelling is also normal. After the first two days, patients can expect light peeling and if targeted area is the face, mild lip dryness. Most patients can apply makeup later that day or the following day. The downtime is very minimal.
Some patients have reported seeing results in just a few days after treatment; however, the optimum results occur anywhere from 4-6 months after the treatment.
Although you will notice an improvement with just one treatment, at Skintellect we recommend a minimum of 3-4 treatments for significant results. The number of treatments loosely follows the general rule of one treatment for every decade of life. Ready? Set? Count those decades!
- mmediately after treatment, there may be some redness and/or mild swelling, which may last up to a few hours post treatment. In some instances swelling and redness have lasted several weeks.
- Rare side effects include bruising, skin wound, scarring, hypo and hyper pigmentation, and surface irregularities. Subsequent treatments may be necessary to improve these should they occur.
- The most important things to remember following Laser Skin Tightening treatment are to avoid the sun for several days and to wear plenty of sunblock for at least two weeks. Laser Treatment can give you excellent results but you must take care to ensure your skin is protected for the first few weeks after treatment.
- Multiple treatments are necessary to achieve maximum results, especially if you are seeking to remedy multiple problems. If recommended by one of our providers, a second or third treatment may be scheduled approximately 4 to 6 weeks apart.