SECRET OF THE STARS!!
Want to turn back the hands of time? Reverse sun damage? Erase deep wrinkles and crow’s feet?
How about erasing deep acne scars and pitting or Stretch marks? Finally, there is a surgical free option that achieves all these goals!
The PRP Platelet Rich Plasma Facial, also known as “Vampire Facial” or “Plasma Facial”, utilizes your own bodies healing ability to stimulate skin recovery and smoothing. Available as both an injectable and topical, PRP is on the cutting edge of regenerative therapies.
PRP is concentrated blood plasma that is enriched with platelets and contains 8 potent growth factors along with other cytokines that stimulate the healing of soft tissue.
Two growth factors in particular, FGF and PDGF, promote cell growth, tissue repair and the production of new collagen.
In the body, platelets are responsible for helping the blood clot and they help rebuild damaged tissue.Externally, platelets can stimulate your stem cells resulting in the growth of new skin.
PRP is created from the patient’s own blood (thus the “vampire” references in the media). Blood is drawn from the patient’s arm and spun in a centrifuge, which is a device that separates the serum, platelets and white blood cells from the red blood cells. The white blood cells or liquid plasma and the platelets are then collected forming PRP.
Under this procedure we utilize Micro Needling to “stamp” the skin creating tiny channels along the surface. Then PRP is applied topically to the skin, allowing the full penetration of PRP deep down into the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin.
Go to our MICRONEEDLING PAGE for more information about this treatment.
Combining these two procedures results in a facial rejuvenation treatment that can literally take years off of the appearance of your skin!
By applying the PRP platelet-rich plasma to the micro-wounds created by micro-needling, the repair process that is started by the micro-wounds is dramatically enhanced by the growth factors contained in the PRP.
Topically applying PRP enables it to get into more planes in the skin, compared to injections where the PRP is isolated to the injected area. Thus, the microneedling allows PRP to get into the skin more evenly affecting the total face rather than secluded sections.
Additionally, with topical application of PRP there is less pain and “down time” compared to injections.
The treatment method is completely safe and ideal for all skin types.
The addition of PRP dramatically reduces healing time of the skin.Since this procedure does not break down the epidermis there is no scarring and no down time! Your skin may appear pink with some mild discomfort for a day or two after the procedure. This procedure can also be done on virtually any part of the body including the face, chest, hands, arms and legs!
The micro needling based procedure also produces great results in terms of minimizing the appearance of both scarring and stretch marks:
•Scarring: The micro needling is used to break up the fibrous tissues of the scar and the PRP spurs the growth of healthy tissue.
•Stretch Marks: The micro needling creates damage over the thinned skin of the stretch mark. PRP then promotes growth of thicker skin.
PRP can also enhance the results of other kinds of facial rejuvenation treatments such as Thermage, Ultherapy and Fraxel. The growth factors in PRP increase the effectiveness of these procedures by further helping to tighten the skin.
- Please Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning beds for at least 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- For optimal results please avoid all blood thinning medications and herbal supplements, as they will lower you platelet count and decrease effectiveness of the treatment, for 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment. Avoid taking Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as Ibuprofen, Motrin and Aleve. In addition, very high doses of some Vitamins and supplements can thin your blood and increase the chance of bruising. Please notify us if you are taking Coumadin, Plavix, or any other blood thinners for a medical condition.
- During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- For patients with a history of HIV, a prior consultation and physician’s evaluation may be required as your body’s healing capability may be compromised or your platelet count may be lower than recommended in which case the PRP facial is not advised.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex virus and are scheduled for a PRP facial treatment, prophylactic antiviral therapy may need to be prescribed.This treatment should not be performed on patients undergoing Immunosuppressant Therapy / Chemotherapy.
- This treatment can be safely performed during pregnancy or while breastfeeding as no harmful chemicals are used during the procedure, only the patient’s own plasma.
- For optimal results please avoid all blood thinning medications and herbal supplements, Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as Ibuprofen, Motrin and Aleve, as they will decrease effectiveness of the treatment, for 1-2 weeks post treatment.
- Plasma should remain on your skin for up to 24 hours post treatment. During this time, do not wash the area or apply any topicals, including sunblock.
- For 48-72 hours after treatment your skin may look like you have a mild to moderate sunburn. Some small petequiae (pint point bruising) may be visible. This is normally caused by the microneedling treatment and will heal in within 2-3 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning beds for 2 weeks after treatment. Change of pigmentation in the treated area will appear with the combination of inflammation and sunlight. Always use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with ZINC oxide, starting 24 hours after treatment.
- Keep the area treated clean and moisturized. Use gentle products, no medicated topicals for 1 week post treatment, unless otherwise instructed by your provider.
- Some patients may present mild dryness or flakiness 2-3 days post treatment. This is a normal skin reaction and will subside in 1-2 days.
- You may resume your normal skin care routine 1 week after treatment.
- Results will be noticeable 3 weeks post treatment.
- Multiple treatments are necessary to achieve maximum results. We recommend 3-4 sessions spaced out every 4-6 weeks. Additional treatments may be required or recommended for desired results.